Captcha error 404

• WightJohn
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

WightJohn created the topic: Captcha error 404

The Captcha V2 is not being displayed on the form.
It displays the refresh icon, and the entry box only

The log shows the following error:
"GET /components/com_breezingforms/images/captcha/securimage_show.php HTTP/1.1" 404 - "https://<My Site Name>/index.php?option=com_breezingforms&tmpl=component&Itemid=116&ff_contentid=13&ff_form=3&ff_applic=plg_facileforms&format=html&ff_frame=1" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:76.0)

Environment
• Joomla Version: 3.9.18
• PHP Version: 7.1.33 (Known deprecated, awaiting update by ISP)
• Breezing Forms Version: build 933
• Website installed on Apache, version unknown.
• Joomla "Captcha-reCaptcha" V2 used.
• PHP (GD) version - bundled (2.1.0 compatible) enabled.
• PHP.ini updated with "extension=gd.so".

I have checked:
• /components/com_breezingforms/images/captcha/securimage_show.php does exist
• Securimage.php also exists in the above directory.
• I have reinstalled both the component, and the and the Plugin.
• The Captcha-reCaptcha Module in Joomla has both keys.
• The Captcha-ReCaptcha works on the basic Joomla contact form.

The same site worked fine when under development, on another system, but does not work in the live environment.

Any thoughts gratefully accepted.
  • Thank you received: 51

Eddy.vh replied the topic: Captcha error 404

Hello,

Osborn wrote: • The Captcha-reCaptcha Module in Joomla has both keys.

Is the Captcha field set to reCaptcha (new) and also contains the keys provided by Google?

Reagards,
Eddy
  • Thank you received: 669

TheMuffinMan replied the topic: Captcha error 404

@EDDY.VH
I think he means the default captcha. At least that's what his description suggests.

@OSBORN

Are you intending to use reCaptcha or the default captcha that ships with BF?

If it is the latter and you can confirm the file exists, make sure that the folder is actually readable (which I assume) and that files isn't blocked by a general rule in your .htaccess file.

This file is often altered by extensions like Admin Tools. If you are using this tool, then make sure to allow access to the file through its rule system and apply an exception.

Regards,
Markus

===========================
If you are happy, please leave us a small review here to keep us motivated:
(Please turn off your VPN and local Apache prior reviewing as your review might get blocked)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ BreezingForms: extensions.joomla.org/extension/contacts...orms/breezing-forms/
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ContentBuilder: extensions.joomla.org/extension/authorin...tion/contentbuilder/

Satisfied?
Get a membership!
  • WightJohn
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

WightJohn replied the topic: Captcha error 404

As I said in my answer to Eddy.VH, the field is using Captcha, selected from the list of types in BF.
I thought that was using the Joomla Captcha-reCaptcha, but clearly I am mistaken.

The folder permissions are set as the default. com_breezeforms set to 0777, lower level sub dirs. are 0755, and the php and html files are set to 0644.

As far as the .htaccess file is concerned, it is hidden, so I have approached the ISP to ask how it can be accessed.
  • WightJohn
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

WightJohn replied the topic: Captcha error 404

I now have access to the .htaccess file, and all that is in it is as follows:
a section <IfModule php7_module> which contains php_value entries.
and a section <IfModule lsapi_module> which also contains php_value entries.
In both cases the entries are values, a couple of php_flags which are set to off, and, one path for the session save path.
also there is:
<IfModule mime_module>
AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php71 .php .php7 .phtml
</IfModule>
This actually seemed a little lite, so I have inserted the contents of the htaccess.txt file which comes with Joomla.
Nothing has been affected by these changes.
Should there be anything else that would affect the Captcha image?
  • Thank you received: 669

TheMuffinMan replied the topic: Captcha error 404

Tbh I am a little bit baffled myself.
What do you see if you open try to open the actual image in the browser, using this path?

yourdomain.com/components/com_breezingfo.../securimage_show.php

(please replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain).

If you still see a 404 there, too, then I see no other choice than me trying to debug this. I would need FTP and admin access for this. Please let me know if that would be ok for you then.

If you are happy, please leave us a small review here to keep us motivated:
(Please turn off your VPN and local Apache prior reviewing as your review might get blocked)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ BreezingForms: extensions.joomla.org/extension/contacts...orms/breezing-forms/
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ContentBuilder: extensions.joomla.org/extension/authorin...tion/contentbuilder/

Satisfied?
Get a membership!
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds

We Are Doing Our Part

Massive discounts on all of our extension subscription plans to help you and your business in these times.

Get Your Subscription Here

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

We are doing our part and support your business with extremely low prices -- For example 6-Months-Subscription for only $9 USD. For as long as necessary.

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!