Breezingforms + contentbuilder view notification popup when record received

• TonyS
  • TonyS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

TonyS created the topic: Breezingforms + contentbuilder view notification popup when record received

Is there any way to have a notification popup come up in front end to notify of a new record submitted via breezingforms or contentbuilder view to say a new form has been submitted?
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 669

TheMuffinMan replied the topic: Breezingforms + contentbuilder view notification popup when record received

Hi,

if a simple alert (BreezingForms) is enough, you can turn it on in form => advanced => more options => Scripts => submitted script => pick "ff_showsubmitted" from the "Library" and save the settings.

Regards,
Markus

===========================
If you are happy, please leave us a small review here to keep us motivated:
(Please turn off your VPN and local Apache prior reviewing as your review might get blocked)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ BreezingForms: extensions.joomla.org/extension/contacts...orms/breezing-forms/
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ContentBuilder: extensions.joomla.org/extension/authorin...tion/contentbuilder/

Satisfied?
Get a membership!
  • TonyS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

TonyS replied the topic: Breezingforms + contentbuilder view notification popup when record received

Thanks Markus, I already have the notification to show the form was submitted to the user, but was hoping to show a notification on screen to logged in admins to advise that a form was submitted or have a module show what or even just how many submissions had not been read, like on your phone when you have unread text messages.

Maybe a custom module with unread submissions to show admins in front end? something like latest articles module for contentbuilder view?

Regards,
Tony
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

TheMuffinMan replied the topic: Breezingforms + contentbuilder view notification popup when record received

Hi,

you mean like a notification? I could experiment with browser notifications which should fire the windows 10 notification bar.

If you want me to do that, I love to try that out.

As a workround, you could use the Skype integration and use its desktop/mobile notification options instead.

Regards,
Markus

(Please turn off your VPN and local Apache prior reviewing as your review might get blocked)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ BreezingForms: extensions.joomla.org/extension/contacts...orms/breezing-forms/
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ ContentBuilder: extensions.joomla.org/extension/authorin...tion/contentbuilder/

Satisfied?
Get a membership!
  • TonyS
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

TonyS replied the topic: Breezingforms + contentbuilder view notification popup when record received

Where would I find documentation to set up the skype desktop notifications, to see if that would fit my needs?

I think the best option would be in a module, like latest articles showing any submissions that had not been action/read yet, would that be possible? I could then add a check box in the view to say it had been actioned & would then not show in the module.

Don't think the widows 10 desktop notifications would work as it would not stay visible on screen. I need to make sure the reports are actioned on arrival in case there is something important.

Regards,
Tony.
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

If it would be fine for you if people would actually select an action (like "I have read this"), then you could use custom actions in the Actions tab of your view setup.

You can create your own actions there and even create small plugins to decide what should happen on each action.

Basically, for admins, I would copy the view and apply the actions there. Then setting up the copied view permissions such that only admins may interfere with that view (and change the states through actions, with color codes for example).

You could even trigger events using some small action plugins if that would be required, as well.

Regards,
Markus

Satisfied?
Get a membership!
Moderators: ForumSupport
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds

We Are Doing Our Part

Massive discounts on all of our extension subscription plans to help you and your business in these times.

Get Your Subscription Here

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

We are doing our part and support your business with extremely low prices -- For example 6-Months-Subscription for only $9 USD. For as long as necessary.

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!