custom HTML-based mailback templates

• Thank you received: 1

ooc created the topic: custom HTML-based mailback templates

I am trying to establish a

File Attachment:

File Name: chequeMemb...html.zip
File Size:1 KB
but can't seem to get past square 1. My form name is chequeMembership. I have created the attached chequeMembership_mailback.html.php file and put it into administrator/components/com_breezingforms/mailtpl. I created it following the instructions in crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...-templates-work.html . For code I used the code in the example (SampleEmailTemplate1.html1.php) I am not sure if I am to set my Mailback Emails for that form as custom or default. If I set it as custom I get nothing. If I set it as default it returns the system default rather than the file defined in the attached where I am displaying the fields as title on one line and data value below as given in the alternate example. I still get them on one line.
Attachments:

ooc replied the topic: custom HTML-based mailback templates

I have tried again - this time stripping the template to bare minimum to be sure the is no syntax error in it - as I don't know how to find php errors although with phpcodechecker.com/ no syntax errors are found and I get nothing with setting system/error reporting to 'Simple'. I still get the default template with TITLE and VALUE on the same line instead of on 2 lines as in

File Attachment:

File Name: chequeMemb...1-14.zip
File Size:0 KB

I am also attaching the form itself .

File Attachment:

File Name: chequeMembership.zip
File Size:84 KB

I don't know what else to try.
Attachments:
  • mihaela
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 379

mihaela replied the topic: custom HTML-based mailback templates

Hello,

I took a look at your mailback email template.

You have named the file as if you were creating a HTML template, but tried to skip to new line using:
<?php echo $NL ?>
Instead, you should simply put
<br>

In this piece of documentation crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...-templates-work.html it is explained how to set a non HTML template FORMNAME__mailback.txt.php.

Let me know whetehr that resolves the problem.

Regards,

Mihaela

Thank you Mihaela for your reply.
I still don't get the correct results. I have tried each of the following :
With the file named chequeMembership_mailback.txt.php and containing the <?php echo $NL ?> as given in the 'HOW DO EMAIL TEMPLATES WORK?' support file
setting mailback as a default - the side by side comes through
setting mailback as custom - I get no mailback
With the file named chequeMembership_mailback.html.php and containing the <br> for each instance of <?php echo $NL ?>
setting mailback as custom I get side by side (as the default mailback would be)
setting mailback as default I also get the default side by side form.
With no combination do I get back the format with TITLE and VALUE on separate lines. To save me trying with so many options, can you tell me what the mailback email should be - default or custom - for it to pick up the custom file in the mailtpl folder.
I think that in the long run I want a html format as I will be trying to do what this file attempts.

File Attachment:

File Name: chequeMemb...1-20.zip
File Size:2 KB

I haven't tried it yet and I'm sure there are many errors but until I can get a simple file to respond correctly, I am not trying the full file. I am sending it to you only so you can see where I am trying to get to. A good portion of it is html but I need the php to find and match each non-empty lname/fname values and create a card for each.
If getting into our backend will help you, in any way, to help me, I can send you the login credentials privately.
Attachments:
  • mihaela
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 379

mihaela replied the topic: custom HTML-based mailback templates

Hello,

Please take a look at this topic crosstec.org/en/forums/15-usage/124980-m...y-fields.html#230078 since here is quite well explained how to retrieve all form element's values in variables and then you can place them in HTML code where you want using
echo $variableName;

I see that your email template is producing errors. You have tried using code like this:
<p style="padding-left: 60px;">{fname1:value} {lname1:value} {pass1:label} {pass1:value}</p>
<p style="padding-left: 60px;">{fname2:value} {lname2:value} {pass2:label} {pass2:value}</p>
That won't work because form elements can't be fetched that way.
If you set values to variables as explained then you can use this code:
<p style="padding-left: 60px;">  echo $fname1variable." ". $lname1variable." ". $pass1variable;</p>

I hope this will help you achieve what you want.

Regards,

Mihaela

Thank you Mihaela
I will through all that again - I had read each of the posts before but will read through again with your comments.

Please though can you clarify for me - once I get a file in the mailtpl folder - how do I get it to be called - in the advanced/more options section under mailback emails do I select the default or the custom option beside 'edit emails'.
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here