Conditional Field with info required

• Thank you received: 375

mihaela replied the topic: Conditional Field with info required

Hello,

Here is s response to the first question:
"My question: I don't understand why you have to add the extra is not phone, is not email if the field name is already there.".

When using visibility rules, you need to have both statements to show and hide elements. For example, if you first showed email field and the change to phone, the email field would still be shown, because there would be no statement telling it to hide (turn off).

I hope this is clearer now.

Regarding the second post, so the problem is that when you submit the record, no information is saved about the form submission?
Please go to BreezingForms > Manage Records and see whether the record about the submission is saved.

Let me know the result.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • Cpointcc
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Cpointcc replied the topic: Conditional Field with info required

Here is s response to the first question:
"My question: I don't understand why you have to add the extra is not phone, is not email if the field name is already there.".

When using visibility rules, you need to have both statements to show and hide elements. For example, if you first showed email field and the change to phone, the email field would still be shown, because there would be no statement telling it to hide (turn off).

Me - there is no field name for the group options so you have to use the label?

I hope this is clearer now. - As mud :)

Regarding the second post, so the problem is that when you submit the record, no information is saved about the form submission?
Please go to BreezingForms > Manage Records and see whether the record about the submission is saved.

Correct - the field bfQuickMode72431 and bfQuickMode4241733 are not be recorded in the records. The form settings are configured in the admin and mailback emails are set to report All Values.
  • Cpointcc
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Hello,

I have posted a response to this twice now and I cannot seem to find it.

The fields for the phone/email are NOT being saved in the record. All records are set to show whether filled in or not.
  • Cpointcc
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

I am still having trouble with this.

What do I change where you state to replace the EMAILFIELDNAME to? I tried both phone and email and it still doesn't work. The radio options are phone or email.

turn off element bfQuickMode4241733 if bfQuickMode72431 isnot phone
turn off element EMAILFIELDNAME if bfQuickMode72431 isnot email

turn on element bfQuickMode4241733 if bfQuickMode72431 is phone
turn on element EMAILFIELDNAME if bfQuickMode72431 is email
  • Thank you received: 375

mihaela replied the topic: Conditional Field with info required

Hello again,

Here is another explanation of how the visibility rules should look like.

bfQuickMode4241733 is the name of the textfield which has to be shown in case the "phone" is selected as an option in "How should we get back to you?".

On the other hand, a textfield to enter email number should appear in case the "email" is selected as an option in "How should we get back to you?", am I right?
If so, EMAILFIELDNAME should then be a name of the textfield which should be shown to enter email address.

Is this now clear?

If not, you can create a package with your form as explained here crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...ted/94-packages.html , zip it and send it as an attachment so I can take a look at this form first hand.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • Cpointcc
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Good day,

Your explanation:
On the other hand, a textfield to enter email number should appear in case the "email" is selected as an option in "How should we get back to you?", am I right?
If so, EMAILFIELDNAME should then be a name of the textfield which should be shown to enter email address.

Is this now clear? The email is not the conditional field, the phone number is. If they select phone number the text box appears for them to enter their phone number. We are already getting the email address.

If not, you can create a package with your form as explained here crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...ted/94-packages.html , zip it and send it as an attachment so I can take a look at this form first hand.

I have attached a file for you to review. Please note, none of the data is being saved for this particular field.

File Attachment:

File Name: copaskthecity1.zip
File Size:54 KB
Attachments:
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here