Get form submission ID with PHP in End Submit script

• jdwires
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

jdwires created the topic: Get form submission ID with PHP in End Submit script

I have a form that is sending the submitted values to another URL to be parsed and sent to an online payment processor. I am using an end submit script (posted at bottom) based off of this and this .

I was able to find the submitted timestamp in $this->submitted, but I can't find where to access the submission ID number that is included in the default email notifications. Is there another function or part to the $this variable that I need to access to get the ID number?

Thanks,
Joel

$this->execPieceByName('ff_InitLib');

echo '<form name="myresubmit" action="my-external-script-filename.php" method="post">';
$i=0;
foreach ($this->maildata as $data) {
  $myarray[$i][0] = $data[_FF_DATA_TITLE];
  $myarray[$i][1] = $data[_FF_DATA_VALUE];
  echo  '<input type="hidden" name="' . $data[_FF_DATA_TITLE] . '" value="'. $data[_FF_DATA_VALUE] .'"/>';
  $i++;
}
echo '<input type="hidden" name="submitted" id="submitted" value="' . $this->submitted . '" />';

echo '</form><script>document.myresubmit.submit();</script>';

exit;
  • Thank you received: 305

mihaela replied the topic: Get form submission ID with PHP in End Submit script

Hello,

You can access the submission ID number using this variable:
$this->record_id

Let me know whether it works how you wanted.

Regards,

Mihaela
The following user(s) said Thank You: jdwires
  • jdwires
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

jdwires replied the topic: Get form submission ID with PHP in End Submit script

That was it. When I tried to var_dump($this) it was only giving me part of the variable, so I couldn't find it. Might have been able to guess that one had I tried a little longer. :) Thanks!

On a slightly different topic, is there any documentation on editing a form entry using either an End Submit script or an external php script? I'd like to update the Payment Information Transaction ID, and Transaction date after the payment gets made at our online payment processor's website.

Right now, my end I'm submitting form info to the payment processor using a separate php file but plan to move it to the end submit script. If I were to move things to the begin submit, could I make to the jump to the payment site and come back with the payment info before the form is submitted?

Thoughts?
And Thanks in advance,
Joel

Hello,

I'm glad that that is what you were looking for. :)

Please take a look at this topic crosstec.org/en/forums/15-usage/125551-s...html?start=12#232773 regarding the other question.

I hope it will help.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • jdwires
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

jdwires replied the topic: Get form submission ID with PHP in End Submit script

Mihaela, Thanks. I started a new thread after looking at that link. I would link to it here, but it disappeared somewhere into the BREEZINGFORMS FOR JOOMLA! forum.

Hello,

Ok, then this topic is closed and the new topic will be answered.

Forum posts aren't shown until they are approved. That is the reason why you couldn't find your post.

Regards,

Mihaela
The following user(s) said Thank You: jdwires
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here