How to change the default returned value for dropdown list in BreezingForms

• alang
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

alang created the topic: How to change the default returned value for dropdown list in BreezingForms

Hello. I'm wondering if it's possible to change the action of a BreezingForm dropdown list. Currently, when the form is submitted, it returns a value for a dropdown menu as: "value1" etc... This is not very helpful, as it requires looking up the list options to determine what was selected. (Actually, as I'm using it, this is not even possible; as the form reports website technical issues, and I'm using this one-option dropdown list item as a standard inclusion to tell me what website the issue is being reported from. Having it return a value of "value1" doesn't tell me what website it is being reported from.)

What I need to have it return is the actual value that was selected, (the URL of the subject website), not just its numerical position in the list of possible selections. Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and how to accomplish it? Thanks!
  • Thank you received: 335

mihaela replied the topic: How to change the default returned value for dropdown list in BreezingForms

Hello,

I am not sure if you completely understand how this works so I will explain just to check.

You can define what is saved as value in dropdown list. It doesn't have to be "value1".

You define the list like this:
0;Title1;value1
0;Title2;value2
Title is what will be shown as an option in the form and value is what will be saved to record.

You can define the list like this for example;
0;Choose quantity;
0;1;1
0;2;2
0;3;3

Therefore, you put the title and value the same and it will return the actual value that was selected.

Let me know whether this resolves the problem.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • alang
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

alang replied the topic: How to change the default returned value for dropdown list in BreezingForms

Thanks Mihaela, I had forgotten about the ability to change the values in that location. I'm still pretty new to using BF and it hasn't quite gelled yet...
  • alang
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

alang replied the topic: How to change the default returned value for dropdown list in BreezingForms

Thanks, Mihaela, I had forgotten about being able to change the returned values in that location. I'm still pretty new to using BF and it's slowly sinking in... Actually, since my drop down list only had one option, I updated my form to use the 'hidden input' field option, (I don't have BF open, but I think that that's the correct name). In any case, it is a much more elegant solution in this instance. Thanks again for your clarification though! A.
  • Thank you received: 335

mihaela replied the topic: How to change the default returned value for dropdown list in BreezingForms

Hello again,

I'm glad that you have found more suitable solution for this to work as you wanted. I see now when I've read that using hidden input field is more intuitive for what you need.

Either way, I'm glad to help you.
If you'll have more questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here