Thinking about purchasing Breezing forms but need an answer first...

• Tevys
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Tevys created the topic: Thinking about purchasing Breezing forms but need an answer first...

So years ago I used ContentBuilder to make a nice site where users updated the information and added items for a game (much like wowhead). It was fantastic. That may have been like 10 years ago. A lot has changed.

After trying many things with joomla recently, I came back to Content Builder because it is by far the best with forms and displaying data IMO.

However, I cannot seem to get one thing working that I know I did a lot of in the past. It was before everything was separated and now i am thinking Breezing forms does this part.

What I need, I have a site that is for a dart league.

There is a form to enter TEAMS. (Team_name, captain, etc).

Then there is another form for PLAYERS. (Player_name, Team_name, etc)

Now what I want, is when a player is created they choose the Team_name from a drop down list that is populated with the Team_names that are on the TEAMS data storage.

I believe it can be done with just content builder, but I cant seem to find where to enter what code. And honestly I dont want to spend the time looking.

Will BreezingForms do this? Does it have the ability to create a drop down list in the PLAYERS view that is populated with Team_name in the TEAMS data storage?

Then is that relationship connected to where i can also make a view displaying each Team and all the players on that team?

Thank you.
Tevys
  • Thank you received: 267

mihaela replied the topic: Thinking about purchasing Breezing forms but need an answer first...

Hello,

Here is the answer to this part: "Now what I want, is when a player is created they choose the Team_name from a drop down list that is populated with the Team_names that are on the TEAMS data storage."

This is a piece of documentation that explains how to populate a select list from database (where records of Team_name element are stored) using BreezingForms form based on which you can then create a ContentBuilder view crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...ct-list-from-db.html .

Also, you wrote, "I believe it can be done with just content builder, but I can't seem to find where to enter that code."

You are right, a select list can also be prefilled from database using just ContentBuilder with some coding. Please take a look at this topic databasehttps://crosstec.org/en/forums/37-contentbuilder-general-forum/125428-field-drop-down.html#232119 since here is explained how to do what you want.

Finally, you wrote, "Then is that relationship connected to where i can also make a view displaying each Team and all the players on that team?"

Regarding that, I am not sure how exactly you want this to look like.

What you can do is you can create a view based on form for PLAYERS. Since in select list element a team will be selected, you can then filter the players that belong to certain team based on the name of the team in "search".

Let me know whether this answers your questions.

Best regards,

Mihaela
  • Tevys
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Tevys replied the topic: Thinking about purchasing Breezing forms but need an answer first...

This is perfect! TY so much for your answer. And i was incorrect that i used this product years ago, it was community builder (which is great for a large community!) I used something else for the forms but this product is pretty spot on. Thanks!
  • Thank you received: 267

mihaela replied the topic: Thinking about purchasing Breezing forms but need an answer first...

Hello again,

I'm glad to give you the information needed and that you like our product. :)

Best regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here