Integration for updating local table not working

• Rokhi
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Rokhi created the topic: Integration for updating local table not working

Hi
I am trying to get my user-changes to update the local source table but nothing seems to happen
I have added an integrator,set it to type update, added the field mapping and added an 'update criteria' record matching on a unique variable.
I have tried matching on email address and a GUID. I have also tried setting the fixed criteria to a unique value (email) but have seen no changes in the data

I can't see anything to switch the integrator on so I assume it is on by default once set up for the form.

I have followed your setup video etc and looked at other forum posts but the only answer I can see is to do the update manually using the on submit. I'd prefer to use integration if possible.

if someone could take a look it's at
ducks.org.nz/administrator/index.php?opt...subsSurvey01&form=19

This message contains confidential information

Thanks for your help
  • Thank you received: 268

mihaela replied the topic: Integration for updating local table not working

Hello,

I took a look at your form and the integrator and it seems to be set correctly.

Can you please make the GUID filed a visible textfield to see whether it gets filled in when filling in the form.

It might be that it is not collecting the value correctly so that might be the reason why integrator doesn't update the database table.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • Rokhi
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Rokhi replied the topic: Integration for updating local table not working

Thanks
The GUID is used to call the data set so it's coming in ok
I have set another field, populated in the before form, the same as the hidden field.
I tried specifying the visible GUID field as the link and I have tried or-ing with email and using email address only - no updates yet.
Do I need to put quotes around the GUID for the comparator?

Feel free to submit the form - admin email will only come to me. not the member.
  • Rokhi
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Also, could you put he record url in the secure area please?

you can call up the form with
ducks.org.nz/index.php?option=....etc
  • Rokhi
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

OK, I figured out what is happening. I have two fields with spaces in the names
Email Address and Post Code. The integrator does not appear to handle spaces in names.

I have removed the spaces now it all works.

Is that something that might need attending to in the integrator? or is that an acceptable industry standard.

Thanks for looking into this for me.
  • Rokhi
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

OK, so it's working if there's a value in the form field, how do I get the integrator to update a populated field with a null value? (clear the field value)
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here