Add Delete Rows, required values validation

• dmitri
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

dmitri created the topic: Add Delete Rows, required values validation

Hi, I made dynamic lines in form based on your script example and it works perfect adding and deleting lines in form.
But I face to another problem, I need to validate input for each active line and looks like validation doesn't work for hidden on default rows.

How can I get validation work for active lines?
  • Thank you received: 375

mihaela replied the topic: Add Delete Rows, required values validation

Hello,

Do you by "How can I get validation work for active lines?" mean that at the moment validation errors are shown for the hidden elements as well and you would like to know how to set the form so that only the fields that are visible at moment of submission are validated?

Regards,

Mihaela
  • dmitri
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

dmitri replied the topic: Add Delete Rows, required values validation

Actually it goes in opposite way, it doesn't do validation check for added lines.
On default I have 1 line and validation goes fine for that line.
When I add new line(s) validation doesn't work for that lines.
  • dmitri
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Any ideas how to fix problem?
  • Thank you received: 375

mihaela replied the topic: Add Delete Rows, required values validation

Hello again,

I've tried to recreate your problem but didn't manage to do so.
Usually, the problem is that the error messages appear for hidden fields even though some users don't want that. But you are encountering an opposite problem.

Can you please send me your form and the script to add/delete rows that you are using so I can take a look at this form first hand.
Create a package, zip it and send it here so I can take a look at it.

I have one question, in your case error messages never appear for fields in added lines, regardless of whether the field is visible or no at the moment of submitting, is that correct? And you would like them to appear all the time or only when the fields are visible?

Regards,

Mihalea
  • dmitri
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Hi, here is package, I added form and add delete line script.
There are 4 elements there I need to validate that it's not empty
I added to archive comments.txt where you can see elements names what I want to validate. Now validation is disabled for that elements, just turn it on.
Also I added screenshot where you can see how to find that elements.

This message contains confidential information
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here