Signature Element: Performance problem

• Thank you received: 553

TheMuffinMan replied the topic: Signature Element: Performance problem

Hi,
we tested this on Desktop as we hit your described performance issues there. So we have to get back to the drawing board.

Sorry for the hassle!

Regards,
Markus

===============================================
Support Crosstec and get ALL EXTENSIONS and professional support for just $5
Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
  • rd
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

rd replied the topic: Signature Element: Performance problem

Hi Markus, hi Mario,

Well, I remembered something Mario wrote in one of his early posts. He said:

We suspect it could be related with Visibility rules ...

So I started to check this out. I set up a simple form with 20 signature fields. Checked them, added more functionality to the form. Added visibility rules and set up a script that controls the visibility.

And after a while it was clear that these strange performance issues do only occur when these signature fields are part of a group which display is triggered by a visibility rule or a script. It's getting worse the more groups with signature fields inside you have. And I was able to reproduce this effect.

So I backed up the form, reloaded it, gave it a new name "Fenster (temp)" and removed every script and visibility rules, that set display on or off for any group with signature fields inside. And voila -- it works.

In my opinion this is a bug. And if you like, you can have a look at my test log and the four test forms with the 20 signature fields. They are still online and named:
20 signature fields (with frontpage editing) --> visibility controlled by visibility rules
20 signature fields (with frontpage editing) (2) --> visibility controlled by script
20 signature fields (No frontpage editing) --> visibility controlled by visibility rules
20 signature fields (No frontpage editing) (2) --> visibility controlled by script
At the backend you find them in the package TEST
I hope it helps and please let me know if you find the bug - if it is one.

File Attachment:

File Name: testlogper...5-02.txt
File Size:1 KB

Regards
Rolf

Btw. Dear Mario, I know your wrote your a snowed under but I desperately need help with a still open issue I post several weeks ago and that is still awaiting your answer. May I asked to have a look at it? It is named: DISPLAY UPLOADED IMAGE IN CUSTOMIZED PDF -- Thank you
Attachments:
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here