Contentbuilder: editing a form in frontend not longer possible

• rd
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

rd created the topic: Contentbuilder: editing a form in frontend not longer possible

Hello,

We have several forms that are maintained by Contentbuilder in the Frontend. All these Forms are editable and their content can be changed. For a while this was working perfectly.

Without any reason this function stops working.
When pressing "Edit" to change the Content of a Form, the Form is empty. Nothing to change as if it is a new form. Only the Title of the Form is shown.

This is happening to our old forms as well to newly created forms.

I guess it's just because of some small change I have done in the settings of ContentBuilder, but I can't find any that could produce such a strange behavior.

Please can you help?
Thank you very much
Rolf
Attachments:
  • mihaela
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 234

mihaela replied the topic: Contentbuilder: editing a form in frontend not longer possible

Hello Rolf,

I am not sure what might be the cause of this not working.

Here are few things that you can check.

If it is a ContentBuilder view based on a form, please go to the View and check whether you have the "edit by type" checkbox checked.

Furthermore, go to the "Editable Template" and check what you have there. Please send me what you find there.

One last thing that crosses my mind is that this is somehow not working because of cache. Therefore, please try to clear cache.
Go to Joomla > System. Clear Cache and Clear Expired Cache.
Check if you are running Joomla Cache on your website .
You can check it System > Global Config. > System > Cache Settings > System Cache > and set it to "Off".

Regards,

Mihaela
  • rd
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

rd replied the topic: Contentbuilder: editing a form in frontend not longer possible

Hello Mihaela,

If it is a ContentBuilder view based on a form, please go to the View and check whether you have the "edit by type" checkbox checked.

it is checked

Clear Cache and Clear Expired Cache.

All cleared --> no changes

I am running a german joomla. There is no

"Editable Template"

. ;-) I think you are talking about this one here, right?:

File Attachment:

File Name: crosstec-M...lder.txt
File Size:139 KB

I am developing our pdf-templates right know. I have done a lot of "edit existing form and send it" operations. Maybe this is important to mention.

Regards Rolf
Attachments:
  • rd
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

rd replied the topic: Contentbuilder: editing a form in frontend not longer possible

Hello Mihaela,

maybe it is as well important to tell you about my ContentBuilder installation Problems:
I opened up a ticket for this and Mario Puzo answered me, but I still got some more question and the ticket is not being solved yet.

This is the Ticket:
Issue: error 1146 upon installation, a ContentBuilder issue.

after installation of the component i receive an 1146 error: Table '85_J30-901523c.#__contentbuilder_storages' doesn't exist.

I looked into phpMyAdmin and it is true, the table is not there. Obviously it was not created upon installation.

I tried to reinstall the component several times. I tried several ways: reinstalled it and than installed it again as well as several reinstallations over the existing installation.
Nothing helps. As well I have read a thread, where somebody explained his way how he solved the same problem. He gave the advice to create the missing table directly inside phpmyadmin. I tried this too but without knowing the structure of this missing table it does not work.

please can you help?
Thank you very much in advance.
Rolf

----
Mario answered and basically he told me to try to change the character set from UTF8mb4 to UTF8
----

I replied that In the meantime I surfed the web and found the missing tables "contentbuilder_storages" and "contentbuilder_storage_fields" and their structure on GitHub:
github.com/TWCCC/Joomla-Asikart-Tag-Comp...ntbuilder/script.php

So I added them manually but still received an error saying 767 entry too long ...
I tried several things and after I removed the line with the "UNIQUE KEY" I was able to install ContentManager and since then everything seems to work just fine.

But I am not sure if this was right to just remove these lines?
Is it OK to remove these lines?
What is the purpose of these lines?

To Marios proposal to change the databases character set I answered: I don't know if it is a good Idea to change the Database Character set back to UTF when Joomla switched to UTF8mb4 just some years ago. I think there should be a possibility to install CB without altering the character set.

@Mihaela: Is this causing theses strange errors? And what do you think about my CB Installation issues?

Regards
Rolf
  • rd
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Hello Mihaela,

are there new insights here?

Regards
Rolf
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here