spam

• hsojhsoj
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

hsojhsoj created the topic: spam

I have been getting lots of spam from my breezing form so I turned the form off. But the spam keeps coming even though the forms are disabled and not displayed on the site. I had to turn off the component and the plugins to make the spam stop. Does this mean beezingforms has been hacked? I can give you access to the site to take a look and send you the spam messages. If you could help somehow I would really appreciate it.
  • Thank you received: 501

MarioPuco replied the topic: spam

Hi,

Maybe the bot just found the way to send mails via BreezingForms which does not mean you are hacked.
You can fight SPAM on your server side as well for example you can block submission from all IP'S / domains that are making this SPAM and so on...

Also make sure that you have latest Joomla, BF instalations as outdated software is perfect for someone to hack into your site.
I'm not sure if you used ReCaptcha on your form but it has been proven ONE OF THE BEST anti spam methods out there, so it's a must to have.

Regards,
Mario

Satisfied with our Support ?
PayPal Tip
===============================================
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
  • hsojhsoj
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

hsojhsoj replied the topic: spam

I have the latest joomla 3.9.3 running breezing forms, 1.9.0 Stable (931)

I am a patreon supporter of breezing forms, I have paid for a lifetime membership twice.

Are you trying to tell me that bots can send spam while bypassing the captcha system and you don't want to help me except to say I can block IP addresses individually? I am getting spam from hundreds of different ip addresses.

No that's not what I'm saying.
Besides methods that we normally suggest to our users there are couple of things that you can do outside BF to stop the spam.

1) Configure your servers SPAM ASSASIN
2) Install some aditional plugins to stop the SPAM like extensions.joomla.org/extension/antispam-by-cleantalk/
3) Add a extra input field and make a validation for it ( eg. ask a questions "What is opposite of black?" - White)
4) Change the URL where you form is
5) Did you add honeypot ?

Again in your posta above your are talking about captcha and not reCaptcha ( maybe it's a typo ) but if you are not using reCaptcha 2.0 please use it.

Regards,
Mario

PayPal Tip
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
  • hsojhsoj
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

hsojhsoj replied the topic: spam

It was a typo to say captcha, I should have said recaptcha. I am using recptcha with smtp mail, not php mail.

In an email you asked said, "What else you can do is create an element with custom validation where the question should be "What is opposite of White ? " and answer should be "BLACK" which could stop the BOts from SPAM."

I am wondering how that could help because the form is not actually getting filled out by the bot, they are going around the form. I think this because the google recaptcha shows no attempts, not even uses, and the form is off, but the spam still comes.

I am sure that yes I could do more at the server level but I have isolated the issue down to your form in such a way that I thought you would want to know.

HI,

It is absolutely normal these days that bots are trying to pass spam through any kind of forms on the web.
BreezingForms gives you tools at hand (e.g. ReCaptcha or the regular Captcha) to eliminate most of spam attempts.
Additionally, you can take extra measures like "honeypotting" to reduce the amount of spam that potentially makes it through.
Please look at this for further information: crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...ts/210-honeypot.html

If you need further help on applying the above, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Mario

PayPal Tip
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here