Thank message on a new web page of in a pop up Modal box /window

• Graemezee
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Graemezee created the topic: Thank message on a new web page of in a pop up Modal box /window

Hi I have followed several threads on this forum trying to get a form I have designed to have a different location for the Thankyou message all have failed.

Maybe because i have designed the form and simple contact template where the second page is the thank you message
function ff_yourFormName_submitted(status, message)
{
    switch (status) {
        case FF_STATUS_OK:

window.open("https://www.xxxx.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=834", "_blank", "toolbar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,top=500,left=500,width=400,height=400");

break;
        case FF_STATUS_UNPUBLISHED:
        case FF_STATUS_SAVERECORD_FAILED:
        case FF_STATUS_SAVESUBRECORD_FAILED:
        case FF_STATUS_UPLOAD_FAILED:
        case FF_STATUS_ATTACHMENT_FAILED:
        case FF_STATUS_SENDMAIL_FAILED:
        default:
           alert(message);
    } // switch
} // ff_yourFormName_submitted
And also this
$this->execPieceByName('ff_InitLib');
JFactory::getApplication()->redirect('index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=834', 'parent');

Which did nothing?

I have a range of forms to roll out across a sight and the forms are not at the top of the page so when the forms are submitted the page refreshes and you have to scroll down to see the message which is not ideal Can I make my existing form work like this ( linking to a new web page of getting a formatted message in a modal box or will I have to rework the form in a different format. Appreciate any help

Graeme
  • Thank you received: 513

MarioPuco replied the topic: Thank message on a new web page of in a pop up Modal box /window

HI,

"One-page layout" ( Form advanced options ) uses last page as a thank you page which is displayed in a modal window ( pop-up) so maybe you can use that since this is the only "built-in" modal pop up feature for BF

Also if you are looking for a specific modal you can browse through our forums since there are examples of this on multiple places :

crosstec.org/en/forums/35-form-help/1246...html?start=12#229460
crosstec.org/en/forums/1-forums/115516-s....html?start=0#192833

Regarding your question about validation not showing please check this : crosstec.org/en/forums/15-usage/125804-s...-of-page.html#233735

Regards,
Mario

Satisfied with our Support ?
PayPal Tip
===============================================
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
  • Graemezee
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Graemezee replied the topic: Thank message on a new web page of in a pop up Modal box /window

Hi Got it working as a new web page I was trying to add the code to the wrong place (Doh!)

$this->execPieceByName('ff_InitLib');
JFactory::getApplication()->redirect('index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=834', 'parent');

This works perfectly but i get a Joomla waring box message on the thank you page saying "parent " If I remove this from the above code will that stop.

Graeme

MarioPuco replied the topic: Thank message on a new web page of in a pop up Modal box /window

Hi there,

Good job on tracking the issue :)
Can you try this and let me know if it will work :
1) Go to Form advanced options > More options > Scripts > Submitted Scripts > Press " Create code framework" and add window.top.location.href = " www.google.com "; after FF_STATUS_OK :

This should open your thank you page in a new window.

Regards,
Mario

PayPal Tip
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Attachments:
  • Graemezee
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Graemezee replied the topic: Thank message on a new web page of in a pop up Modal box /window

Hi Happy to try that currently in the box i have

function ff_copy_ViabilityEnquiry_submitted(status, message){if(status==0){ff_switchpage(2);}else{alert(message);}}

But Can try it with the other version you have suggested Appreciate if you can let me know what i have to remove to stop the alert

Can you send me a link to your form please ?

Regards,
Mario

PayPal Tip
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here