BreezingForms Pro - reCaptcha is not showing in list of available form elements

• pete_sh
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

pete_sh created the topic: BreezingForms Pro - reCaptcha is not showing in list of available form elements

Hi Crosstec Support,

I am on a Pro subscription and am running BreezingForms Pro 1.9.0 on a Joomla v3.9.1 site. For the last few months, I've always updated BreezingForms through the respective update functionality within Joomla.

Now I wanted to switch from Captcha to ReCaptcha on one of the forms due to spam that gets through. However, ReCaptcha does not show as an available form element.

Scanning your forums, I tripped over an example of code ( crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...ps-to-recaptcha.html ) which mentions "bfReCaptchaDiv" in file BFQuickMode.php. However, my BFQuickMode.php does not contain a single reference to any "ReCaptcha" stuff whatsoever.

My current assumption is that the update function did not work properly at some stage in the past and I might be running an incomplete/inconsistent version of BreezingForms.

What is your suggestion to fix the issue w/o losing any of the existing forms?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Pete
  • Thank you received: 330

mihaela replied the topic: BreezingForms Pro - reCaptcha is not showing in list of available form elements

Hello,

First of all, I have to ask, are your forms created in EasyMode or QuickMode?

Since EasyMode + ClassicMode are Legacy modes and will be completely left out in the upcoming versions of BF all forms should be rebuilt in QuickMode. Check that before doing an update.

Please try to install the latest BreezingForms version as follows.

Go to Crosstec > My Account > My Downloads and download the BreezingForms package. You must unzip the initial Breezing Forms download file before you start. In extensions folder you'll see com_breezingforms_*version*.zip.

Then go to Joomla > Extension > Manage > Install > Upload Package, select the com_breezingforms_*version*.zip and that is it. The latest version should be installed and you should see the ReCaptcha element.

Let me know whether this helped.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • pete_sh
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

pete_sh replied the topic: BreezingForms Pro - reCaptcha is not showing in list of available form elements

Hi Mihaela,

thank you for your swift feedback and apologies for my late answer.

I have tried to create a new form in Quick mode and realize that reCaptcha is available in this mode. So this problem is solved, thank you!

But actually, I had created all my forms in classic mode. Your answer implicates that I will have to manually re-create all the forms in Quick mode, then? That would be quite a piece of work! And as far as I see, the layout options in Quick mode are far more limited than in classic mode.

Kind regards,
Peter

mihaela replied the topic: BreezingForms Pro - reCaptcha is not showing in list of available form elements

Hello,

I'm glad that ReCaptcha problem is solved.

The answer to your question is yes, I suggest that you re-create all the forms in Quick mode. Quickmode offers even more than EasyMode and you should have no problems in rebuilding your form, even though it could take a lot of time, unfortunately.

Here is a little Quickmode tutorial :

Best regards,

Mihaela
  • Thank you received: 1

geeksscript replied the topic: BreezingForms Pro - reCaptcha is not showing in list of available form elements

Hi Mihaela,

I am experiencing the same. Re-creating new forms will be a tough job. Let me know if there's anything I can do to add recaptcha in this old mode or simplify the re-creation.

Regards,
Sanchit

Hello,

Do you mean that you are experiencing the same in sense that your forms created in EasyMode?

If that is the case, unfortunately, recreating the form in QuickMode is the only solution.

Regards,

Mihaela
The following user(s) said Thank You: geeksscript
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

New Icon Packs Category!

Crosstec is now offering icon packs.

If you are a paying subscriber, icon packs are automatically added to your account.

Check out our icon packs page!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Summer Sale!

50% discount on all of our extension subscription plans, templates and icon packs!

Get Your Subscription Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99 for just 49! (Summer Sale)

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Live Support Chat Opened!

Join our Discord chat here to receive live support and talk directly to the team!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here