Is this possible

• nigel
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

nigel created the topic: Is this possible

Hi,

I currently have a form that my visitor completes and I am sent a pdf of their submission.

This form is normally used to be sent on to a third party, how can I stop the personal info (email address) being shown on the page but retained in backend so I can refer to the information later?

thanks
  • Thank you received: 194

mihaela replied the topic: Is this possible

Hello,

You wrote "how can I stop the personal info (email address) being shown on the page but retained in backend so I can refer to the information later?".

Please elaborate a bit more, where do you want the email address to be shown and where not to? Where do you fetch the email address, does the user enter it in a filed in the form?

Regards,

Mihaela
  • nigel
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

nigel replied the topic: Is this possible

Hi,
I think I have worked this out but please tell me if I am wrong or if there is a better way of doing it.

The visitor fills in Email field.

A PDF is sent to us upon submission with all inputted information and some additional text>
(this document is sent on at a later date to 3rd parties) who we do not want to see the personal information (email address, just the name).

So I think, I should just delete the email field in the PDF template and if I need that info I can look in the Forms received in the backend, (Is that correct?)
  • Thank you received: 194

mihaela replied the topic: Is this possible

Hello again,

Yes, that is correct. If you don't want the email field to appear in the PDF sent with the email, but you still want to have it saved somewhere, the best solution is to delete the email field in PDF template.

That way the third parties who receive that PDF won't see the email, and you can always look for the email address in BreezingForms > Manage records since there all form submissions are saved.

Regards,

Mihaela
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds

New Support System

Dear Customers,

Users with active subscription have support priority which will be dona via ServiceDesk (My Account > Raise a ticket).
FREE Support topics will be answered when AND if there is time.

You can check support guidelines here : here

Regards,
Crosstec Team

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here