Calendar is not storing the recorded date.

• tyekynan
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

tyekynan created the topic: Calendar is not storing the recorded date.

Hello! I am using breezing forms with content builder. I can fill out my form and everything is working as it should.

However, when I go to list view and try to edit that record. It defaults both of my calendar fields to todays date instead of showing the date that was recorded when initially creating that record.

More or less, anytime I edit a record, I have to make sure to redo the dates, otherwise my "checkin and "checkout" fields default to todays date.

Help! Thanks.
  • Thank you received: 188

mihaela replied the topic: Calendar is not storing the recorded date.

Hello,

I understand the problem you have. Unfortunately, that is the way the calendar element works at the moment. When you go to edit a record it sets the date in Calendar element to today's date.

Despite that, there is a way to avoid that kind of behavior. Instead of "Calendar" element, you could use "Responsive calendar".
The dates entered in "Responsive calendar" element won't be reset when editing.

Let me know whether it is acceptable for you to use the Responsive calendar for "checkin and "checkout" fields.

Regards,

Mihaela
  • tyekynan
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

tyekynan replied the topic: Calendar is not storing the recorded date.

That seems to do the trick! Thanks so much, next question pertaining to calendars.

I have 2 calendar fields. I want the 2nd calendar field to default to the date selected on the first calendar field.

Example:
Today's date is 11/23/2018

Calendar Field 1 defaults to today's date. I click it, and select 02/03/2019.

When I go to Field 2 it still defaults to today's date, so I have to remember to move up to February of next year. so i can select 02/03/2019.
  • Thank you received: 188

mihaela replied the topic: Calendar is not storing the recorded date.

Hello again,

I'm glad that the using Responsive calendar resolved the before mentioned issue.

Here is the code that will default the 2nd calendar to the date selected in the first calendar.

Navigate to your form's Advanced options > More options > Scripts and in the Initialization script section set Type to Custom.

In the code area below put code similar to this:
function ff_formname_init()
{  setInterval(setdate, 500)
} // ff_formname_init

function setdate() {
    ff_getElementByName('cal2').value = ff_getElementByName('cal').value;
}
NOTE: In the code above replace formname with the Name of your form. Also, in order for this to work for your form, replace cal2 with the Name of 2nd calendar field and cal with the Name of first calendar field from which value should be copied.

This will work in a way that it will copy value form calendar 1 to second one every half second so after you change the date in first one it will be changed in second one as well. Have in mind that using this you can't set the date in second calendar to the date different form the one in first calendar element.

Let me know whether this is how you wanted it to work.

Regards,

Mihaela
The following user(s) said Thank You: tyekynan
  • tyekynan
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Perfect, thank you so much.
  • tyekynan
  • Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Only kidding, this does default the second calendar date to the first calendar date, but it won't let me change it from there.

So, lets say Calendar 1 is "check in" and Calendar 2 is "check out"

Todays date is 11/26/2019...

If someone was to go in and choose 01/01/2019 as their "check in" date.
I would like for Calendar 2 "check out" to default to 01/01/2019 and let them choose the check out date from there. I don't want them to have to scroll through Calendar 2 "check out" just to get back to the month they initially selected on Calendar 1 "check in".

We have found that a lot of people will choose 01/01/2019 as their checkin and then without looking they will choose 11/06/2018 as their checkout because they are too lazy to look and see the month didn't change on the 2nd calendar.
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds

New Support System

Dear Customers,

Users with active subscription have support priority which will be dona via ServiceDesk (My Account > Raise a ticket).
FREE Support topics will be answered when AND if there is time.

You can check support guidelines here : here

Regards,
Crosstec Team

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here