Need some upgrade help here...

• maestroc2
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

maestroc2 created the topic: Need some upgrade help here...

I have upgraded a really old BF Pro site to the current version of Pro. I can't remember what the original version number was but it was from before the component entry had the circle icon in front of it in the back end of the site.

The problem is that now all of our paypal download link buttons tell us that it cannot find the download file. It appears that part of that configuration was overwritten when we upgraded as the path that is in the "Path for {ff_uploads} substitute" box was the default path for BF but we have used a custom folder in the root of the site for years. I just now changed that path from

{mospath}/media/breezingforms/uploads

to

{mospath}/downloads94x

that downloads94x folder is the current location of all of the downloadable content. The permissions on the folder and files in it are correct 755 / 644

Still, when I make a purchase it is still saying that it can't find the file. Am I missing something here?
  • Thank you received: 474

MarioPuco replied the topic: Need some upgrade help here...

Hi,

Firstly I would suggest that you create a simple PayPal form just for the purpose of testing.
Try to add a URL for the download and let me know if it's working on a newley created form.

Maybe upon update the form did get corrupted or smtg.

Rgds,
Mario

Satisfied with our Support ?
PayPal Tip
===============================================
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
  • maestroc2
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

maestroc2 replied the topic: Need some upgrade help here...

Other items on the site seem to work and download properly but I still can't figure this one out. Please see the video at the link below to see what the back end fields look like. There is only one difference between the working and non-working form but I don't know why it is there.

drive.google.com/file/d/1jHvpzxMSKpJEKpR_8ZELDiC1Hx63fkRV/view
  • Thank you received: 474

MarioPuco replied the topic: Need some upgrade help here...

maestroc2,

Thank you for your video, It did explain a couple of things.
Well now regarding the "title position" option...this option is shown when you are using BreezingForms theme engine, if you switch to Bootstrap

Please switch your theme engine to Bootstrap and test your form again.
I'm not sure how this should be related but stranger things have happen...

Let me know if there is any change after you change your theme engine.

Regards,
Mario

Satisfied with our Support ?
PayPal Tip
Need to renew Pro Support?
Buy Here!
Satisfied?
Consider a membership!
Like us on Facebook
Attachments:
Moderators: ForumSupporttomeperica
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

New Support System

Dear Customers,

Users with active subscription have support priority which will be dona via ServiceDesk (My Account > Raise a ticket).
FREE Support topics will be answered when AND if there is time.

You can check support guidelines here : here

Regards,
Crosstec Team

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here

News and Updates

Get informed about new downloads, updates and more in our News and Updates newsletter.

All Extensions Subscription

Get 1 year access to all of our current and future products and 1 year of professional support -- 99€

No support per domain or website installation limits! Includes all of our current and future Joomla!® extensions, Joomla!® templates for the duration of your membership. This means, by purchasing an All Extensions Subscription you'll have it all covered!

Get it from here

3rd Party Discount - 25% Off

We help you to keep your costs under control. If you are a new member and purchased a form building tool from a different form vendor, then you'll get a 25% discount on our subscription plans.

How to receive the discount:

Send us a quick email to sales@crosstec.org with a proof of purchase (for example a paypal receipt), await payment instructions and enjoy your membership!

Community Reward

Help us to create new extensions and plugins! With only $5 you help us a lot and get unlimited download access to all of our products, professional support and even more. Get your reward now!

Read More Here