Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA:

Database queries 2 Monate 4 Tage her #247047

• Autor
  • ooc
  • Expert Breezer
  • Expert Breezer
  • Dank erhalten: 1
I have a project that involves having the user select a time slot from a given set. Each time slot has a maximum number of people so the form/program needs to consult the database to see if the timeslot is available or full. As I see it this means creating a database table which collects data from entries from the form then doing a query of the nature of select count, maximum from table where time = timeslot . Then testing If count = maximum give error - That slot is full. Please select another timeslot.

I haven't done any sql for many years but have friends who can help but before I try is my plan feasible? Can the js in an actionscript query and update a db table?

You once had a set of forms contributed by your community posted as suggestions as to how Breezingforms can be used. I don't see that on the website any longer but was wondering if there are any examples of forms querying the database.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Database queries 2 Monate 4 Tage her #247078

• TheMuffinMans Avatar
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Dank erhalten: 803
Hi,

yes, in this thread, you find a boilerplate ready-made form for purposes like this:

crosstec.org/en/forums/3-breezingforms-f...-options.html#241236

The form pulls data from the db through an ajax call and populates some fields.

Feel free to change it to fit your requirements.

Regards,
Markus

Database queries 2 Monate 2 Tage her #247120

• Autor
  • ooc
  • Expert Breezer
  • Expert Breezer
Thank you MarkusWhat you have sent has convinced me this can be done. However, I am running into errors in trying to modify the form you sent to my needs particularly with the php code. Could you please have a look. I am attaching the form as it is now and a document describing what the form is doing and the sql statements that I feel are needed. All sql statements have been tested in phpMyAdmin. If you need access to the backend I can send signon specifics.
Lorna

Dateianhang:

Dateiname: eventregistration.zip
Dateigröße:13 KB

Dateianhang:

Dateiname: EventRegis...23-2.zip
Dateigröße:5 KB
Anhänge:

Database queries 2 Monate 1 Tag her #247188

• Autor
  • ooc
  • Expert Breezer
  • Expert Breezer
I have tried one thing more - replacing the Before Form script with the one found in crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...ct-list-from-db.html . That results in " 0 - syntax error, unexpected '$db' (T_VARIABLE)" -
I think if I could just get past this initial point I'd be able to move on but am very frustrated with this first step. Please help.

Database queries 2 Monate 1 Stunde her #247233

• Autor
  • ooc
  • Expert Breezer
  • Expert Breezer
I have just renewed my support subscription. I am hoping that will give this post an urgent response. We are hoping to get our club active again following COVID protocols and this is needed to meet these needs.

Database queries 1 Monat 4 Wochen her #247266

• TheMuffinMans Avatar
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Dank erhalten: 803
Hi,

can you please post your actual code? I know you copy and pasted most of it from there, but the error suggest a syntax issue, that's why I need to see what you actually have there.

Please use the bb code tag feature in your next post when you post the code.

Regards,
Markus

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.060 Sekunden

Angebot

Sommer Special! Alle Mitgliedschaften zum Sonderpreis!

Prio Support, alle Extensions und alle Templates in einem Paket.

Hier geht's zur Bestellung

Crosstec hilft sparen!

Falls Sie neu bei Crosstec sind aber bereits einen Formulargenerator bei einem anderen Hersteller gekauft haben, dann bekommen sie von uns einen Rabatt von 25% auf unsere 1-Jahres und Pro-Mitgliedschaften

Wie Sie an den Rabatt kommen?

Schreiben Sie uns einfach eine kurze Email mit beigelegten Kaufbeleg (z.B. PayPal Quittung) an sales@crosstec.org.

Wir unterstützen die Joomla Community

Crosstec unterstützt weltweit alle offiziellen Joomla! User Groups und Organisatoren von Joomla! Days die bei Joomla.org registriert sind.

Falls das auf dich zutrifft und du eines unserer Produkte brauchst, schreib uns eine kurze Email an info@crosstec.org und du bekommst eine Flatrate-Mitgliedschaft geschenkt!