Willkommen, Gast
Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA:

first use - questions on stock, options, inserting modules 2 Monate 2 Tage her #247116

• Autor
  • marcusadamski
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
  • Dank erhalten: 0
Hello,

Exploring the commerce extension for the first time. It's taken a little while to work out, but I'm getting there. However, I've a few questions:
  • Stock - products are not displayed if stock = 0. However, if I'm not interested in stock levels and I'd like the products to always be available (e.g. products are made on demand), what's the best way to configure this?
  • Options - when a product has an option (e.g. size) and different sizes have different prices, I don't want to type out the prices for each product every time. I noticed there is an "import options" button, but I cannot fathom how to use it. Can this import the option prices from another product? If not, is there a way to automatically populate the option prices for similar products?
  • Product Page and modules - I'd like to have some text common on all my products. I planned to insert a module into the product description e.g. "{loadmoduleid 114} ". However this doesn't work. I expect the product page is not preparing the content, and therefore the module is not loaded. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a work around?
  • Modules home page - I have a module which is only assigned to the "home" menu. Unfortunately, this module is also appearing on both the cart and check out pages. Is there a way to avoid this?
  • Product images - if multiple product images are assigned to a product, are they only shown if the "zoom" plugin is enabled?

Thanks for your help,
Marcus

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

first use - questions on stock, options, inserting modules 2 Monate 1 Tag her #247169

• TheMuffinMans Avatar
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Dank erhalten: 803
Hi,

Stock - products are not displayed if stock = 0. However, if I'm not interested in stock levels and I'd like the products to always be available (e.g. products are made on demand), what's the best way to configure this?

- BC has a backorder system, you would basically set the backorder type to be allowed in the product settings. You can also do a (dirty) workaround and set it as virtual product.

Options - when a product has an option (e.g. size) and different sizes have different prices, I don't want to type out the prices for each product every time. I noticed there is an "import options" button, but I cannot fathom how to use it. Can this import the option prices from another product? If not, is there a way to automatically populate the option prices for similar products?

- The import options let you import the base-options specified in the the global "Options" section. However, if you want to save yourself from re-typing, what I usually do is copying similar products and edit what I need (upon copying the options will be copied, too alongside the prices).

Product Page and modules - I'd like to have some text common on all my products. I planned to insert a module into the product description e.g. "{loadmoduleid 114} ". However this doesn't work. I expect the product page is not preparing the content, and therefore the module is not loaded. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a work around?

- You can use "loadposition" in the category description but since the product descriptions are basically layed out to work similar to articles, they'd rather execute content plugins (and BC native display plugins).

However, I added experimental loadposition support for product details (basically for the fulltext description). Please download the file attached, unzip and copy to /components/com_breezingcommerce/models/

If that works for you, I will keep it in future updates.

Modules home page - I have a module which is only assigned to the "home" menu. Unfortunately, this module is also appearing on both the cart and check out pages. Is there a way to avoid this?

- Please see BC => Configuration => Misc => Default Cart and Checkout Menu Item ID. You can set those to alternative menu items to prevent "clashing" with unwanted modules to appear.

Product images - if multiple product images are assigned to a product, are they only shown if the "zoom" plugin is enabled?

- It is rather if no image plugin is installed and enabled at all. Without a plugin that provides multi-image features, it will show the first image as fallback. So yes, there is currently only zoom available for this purpose.

Regards,
Markus

Dateianhang:

Dateiname: product.zip
Dateigröße:4 KB
Anhänge:

Letzte Änderung: Post by TheMuffinMan.

first use - questions on stock, options, inserting modules 2 Monate 8 Stunden her #247207

• Autor
  • marcusadamski
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hello,

- BC has a backorder system, you would basically set the backorder type to be allowed in the product settings. You can also do a (dirty) workaround and set it as virtual product.

Setting "backorders allowed" worked, thanks. Out of interest, will I now now get notifications that the product has reached zero quantity when a customer ordered? (I haven't managed to process a test order yet to check, as it requires a valid palpay account)

However, I added experimental loadposition support for product details (basically for the fulltext description). Please download the file attached, unzip and copy to /components/com_breezingcommerce/models/

The problem I see with this approach is; I'll need to have a menu item for every product, so the common module I'd like to insert into the description can be "enabled" for each product and no where else. If I have to have a menu item for each product, then it won't be necessary to insert "loadposition" as the menu is already assigned to only the products and to the appropriate position.

Ah - I've just noticed another related issue. I just added some introductory text and delivery details (as a custom modules) to the product listing page. I find those modules are also displayed on every product detail page. To resolve this and the above issue -just like the cart and checkout pages, would it be possible to assign a menu id to the product listing page and one menu for all the product detail pages through the configuration page? It would make customisation of the product / detail pages much easier. Another approach some commerce sites have, is to publish explicit module positions for these pages (e.g. product_listing_top, product_listing_bottom, product_details_top, product_details_bottom) which can then be entered into the module position when creating the module. Out of the two approaches, for consistency, the menu id would probably be better?

- Please see BC => Configuration => Misc => Default Cart and Checkout Menu Item ID. Y

I created two new menus of type "separator", hid them and associated them to cart and checkout pages. That appears to have worked, thanks

Without a plugin that provides multi-image features, it will show the first image as fallback.

If my attempt at creating a post code plugin is successful (on another thread), I may have a bash at another plugin to display multiple images (a main image, with small thumbnails below - no elastic box, and no zoom effect). But that's not urgent at the moment, I need to get other BC pieces sorted first.

Thanks for your help,
Marcus

first use - questions on stock, options, inserting modules 1 Monat 4 Wochen her #247259

• TheMuffinMans Avatar
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

CB doesn't actually send emails upon empty stocks. That's actually a good idea to implement :D

As for loadposition: Please try the file again, I added loadmodule, as well for product details.

(unzip and copy to /components/com_breezingcommerce/models/)

Regards,
Markus

Dateianhang:

Dateiname: product_20...8-26.zip
Dateigröße:4 KB
Anhänge:

first use - questions on stock, options, inserting modules 1 Monat 4 Wochen her #247307

• Autor
  • marcusadamski
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Hello Markus,

I renamed the original product.php and copied your new file into the same directory. I then opened the BC dashboard and clicked on a product (so I can insert a module into the description to test).

Unfortunately, I now see "Error: product not found!" - please see image.

I also noticed the new product.php file is half the size of the original.

Please note - earlier I re-installed BC using "BC Pro", as I'm now happy to say I'm a member. Not sure if BC Pro and Free use the same product.php file ?

Many thanks
Marcus
Anhänge:

first use - questions on stock, options, inserting modules 1 Monat 3 Wochen her #247350

• TheMuffinMans Avatar
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
Hi,

they should be the same.
Maybe upon transport using FTP there has been lost data.
However, please try again with the file from the pro and let me know if you see any changes. If not please zip and attach the copied file to your next reply.

Regards,
Markus

Ladezeit der Seite: 0.063 Sekunden

Angebot

Sommer Special! Alle Mitgliedschaften zum Sonderpreis!

Prio Support, alle Extensions und alle Templates in einem Paket.

Hier geht's zur Bestellung

Crosstec hilft sparen!

Falls Sie neu bei Crosstec sind aber bereits einen Formulargenerator bei einem anderen Hersteller gekauft haben, dann bekommen sie von uns einen Rabatt von 25% auf unsere 1-Jahres und Pro-Mitgliedschaften

Wie Sie an den Rabatt kommen?

Schreiben Sie uns einfach eine kurze Email mit beigelegten Kaufbeleg (z.B. PayPal Quittung) an sales@crosstec.org.

Wir unterstützen die Joomla Community

Crosstec unterstützt weltweit alle offiziellen Joomla! User Groups und Organisatoren von Joomla! Days die bei Joomla.org registriert sind.

Falls das auf dich zutrifft und du eines unserer Produkte brauchst, schreib uns eine kurze Email an info@crosstec.org und du bekommst eine Flatrate-Mitgliedschaft geschenkt!