Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA:

Calendar field - Updates upon edit 11 Monate 2 Wochen her #237471

• Autor
  • simun
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
  • Dank erhalten: 0
Hi, we have noticed a change in the behaviour of the calendar field, maybe since it was updated with the new nice calendar button.

I have an issue with it getting updated to today's date upon editing a record.

Lets say I create a record with includes a calendar field, which example could be a deadline for something and I select 23/08/2019.

Now if I then want to add or edit something to my record and I then open it and select edit (using ContentBuilder), the calendar field will automatically update itself to today's date!
It updates which ever date was previously selected.
If no date was originally selected, e.g. was left empty due to not being required, then the field is still empty when re-opening and editing it again. So that is okay.

Now I cannot find any specific option in the element properties which might be the reason for it updating upon edit, so I figure this must be some kind of bug?

This is quite troublesome as you then need to "remember" to change the calendar value back to its original value whenever you edit a record and is troublesome and confusing for our customers.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Calendar field - Updates upon edit 11 Monate 2 Wochen her #237474

• mihaela
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Dank erhalten: 414
Hello,

I understand the problem you are having.

This is a bug on our side and is on our developer's to do list. I'm not sure when it will be since they are currently busy with other projects.

Either way, there is a way to avoid this kind of behavior. Please instead of using regular "Calendar" element, use the "Responsive calendar". In that kind of calendar the previously entered date won't be updated when editing a record.

Regards,

Mihaela

Calendar field - Updates upon edit 11 Monate 2 Wochen her #237514

• Autor
  • simun
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
Hi Michaela,

Thanks for the confirmation, it would be nice if this bug was given priority as it is a pretty basic and core element to use.

Regarding the "Responsive calendar", now our current form has like a lot of records and as I remember from past you can't just change the element type of a field since it kinda resets it, i.e deletes all the record data for that field?

Calendar field - Updates upon edit 11 Monate 2 Wochen her #237519

• mihaela
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Dank erhalten: 414
Hello again,

I see the problem you are having and understand you can't change the element type in order not to loose the records.

It will be fixed when we will have our developer free to work on this. Unfortunately, I can't give you more information when it will be.

Regards,

Mihaela

Calendar field - Updates upon edit 2 Wochen 6 Tage her #244929

• Autor
  • simun
  • Senior Breezer
  • Senior Breezer
Hello again,

Is there any update on this issue with the "Calendar element"?

It still behaves the same way with the latest version of BreezingForm, i.e. the calender field gets automatically updated to today's date upon editing the record.

Calendar field - Updates upon edit 2 Wochen 5 Tage her #244931

• tihana.krivics Avatar
  • tihana.krivic
  • Abwesend
  • Dank erhalten: 68
Hi,

that is the way the calendar element works at the moment.
Did you try to use Responsive Calendar instead Calendar.
The dates entered in "Responsive calendar" element won't be reset when editing.

Regards,
Tihana

• Seite:
Moderatoren: ForumSupport
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.059 Sekunden

Angebot

Sommer Special! Alle Mitgliedschaften zum Sonderpreis!

Prio Support, alle Extensions und alle Templates in einem Paket.

Hier geht's zur Bestellung

Crosstec hilft sparen!

Falls Sie neu bei Crosstec sind aber bereits einen Formulargenerator bei einem anderen Hersteller gekauft haben, dann bekommen sie von uns einen Rabatt von 25% auf unsere 1-Jahres und Pro-Mitgliedschaften

Wie Sie an den Rabatt kommen?

Schreiben Sie uns einfach eine kurze Email mit beigelegten Kaufbeleg (z.B. PayPal Quittung) an sales@crosstec.org.

Wir unterstützen die Joomla Community

Crosstec unterstützt weltweit alle offiziellen Joomla! User Groups und Organisatoren von Joomla! Days die bei Joomla.org registriert sind.

Falls das auf dich zutrifft und du eines unserer Produkte brauchst, schreib uns eine kurze Email an info@crosstec.org und du bekommst eine Flatrate-Mitgliedschaft geschenkt!