THEMA:

"Error: Verification did not return any values" 4 Jahre 3 Monate her #173559

• Charlie Heins Avatar Autor
  • Charlie Hein
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
  • Dank erhalten: 0
Hello there,

I think I'm finally sneaking up on understanding the whole PayPal Button scenario! For a long while my button just sat there and did nothing at all on click, but after much reading of others tales of woe here on the forums and scouring the docs here and at PayPal over and over again:
  • I figured out how the whole PP sandbox works (someone needs to explain this in "for dummies" terms, it is completely mind boggling for the uninitiated),
  • I figured out how to add a "select from list" field and a "textfield" together to create a total to send to the PayPalSelect "Hidden Input" field (for a non-coder, this is not as easy/obvious as you would think),
  • and I sorted out the code in the PayPal button itself so that it correctly creates the string to send to PayPal (for me, I had an extra break in the code that stopped it before it got to the validation - also, a comprehensive explanation of how this string must be constructed and what it can contain would be super useful)
...and now at long last my test form actually transmits data to PayPal (well, the sandbox), I got redirected to a page to make the payment and all the data is there, I was able to complete the transaction, and I was returned to my website. A "Eureka" moment for me, and it is a long time coming!

From here it went downhill however - when I returned to my website I was greeted with this error:

An error occured, see the message below. If you think this is a mistake then contact the site administrator and provide him with your PayPal transaction id and the message below, please. Thank you!

Your transaction id: blardeeblardeeblarblar

Error: Verification did not return any values

On the individual sandbox accounts, the transaction was correctly logged, so at least that part of the PayPal is also working correctly, I'm just getting this error notice instead of getting back to the "Thank You" page as expected.

I am at a loss and could use some advice on how to proceed.

I read a post somewhere that suggested that IPN MUST be enabled for the PayPal button to function correctly but I can find nothing in the docs that back this statement up, and the IPN option has a check box next to it on the form which suggests to me that it is optional. I do NOT have it enabled on my button. If it does need to be enabled, I need some "for dummies" level advice on how to get it properly enabled both in the PP sandbox environment and in the PP production environment.

If there's some other explanation/fix for this error I'd certainly love to know about it.

Once I've got this solved I have other questions in queue about how to "spiffy up" this form, but for now I need to focus on getting rid of this error.

My thanks in advance for your attention.

Charlie

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Letzte Änderung: Post by Charlie Hein.

"Error: Verification did not return any values" 4 Jahre 3 Monate her #173568

• Charlie Hein
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
So after reading a post from Markus indicating that IPN MUST be enabled, I found and followed the instructions for enabling IPN on the PayPal sandbox business account (screenshot of the setup page attached).

Then I enabled IPN in my form, saved settings, saved the form and tried it again. Again, the transaction went through without a hitch but on returning to my site I still get the error (text of error attached for this transaction).

I then went back to the PayPal sandbox site for the test business and looked up the transaction (screenshot attached). Everything looks right to me but there's a lot of stuff in the text box on this page that I do not understand (attached the complete message text from the textbox as well.)

So just turning IPN on did not fix the issue. Still at a loss, still reading on (and on...)

Charlie

"Error: Verification did not return any values" 4 Jahre 3 Monate her #173750

• jlk802000
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Did you have to add a Paypal Identity? What and how did you do that?

Thanks!

"Error: Verification did not return any values" 4 Jahre 3 Monate her #173852

• Charlie Hein
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer

jlk802000 schrieb: Did you have to add a Paypal Identity? What and how did you do that?

Thanks!

The short answer is yes, you must create an identity token (and turn on Payment Data Transfer and Auto Return) in your profile (under "My selling tools", "Website Preferences") at PayPal. Here is a good quick guide to getting this done.

You also must turn on Instant Payment Notification in your profile (under "My selling tools", "Instant payment notifications"). Once you find it, this is a very straightforward thing to do, just remember as you are enabling this to put in a "dummy" URL that will lead back to your domain (where it asks for a URL) as BreezingForms will send PayPal the correct URL to use during the transaction but the field itself cannot be left blank.

On the PayPal Button element, the "Business" field must contain your primary account's email address, and the "Token" field is where you paste in the identity token from your PayPal profile. Also, on the "advanced tab, the "Use IPN" checkbox must be checked off.

Also, some code will need to added to the ActionScript for the element, what needs to be added will depend on how your form is set up - some good discussion on this can be found here .

But WAIT... don't just read the above and run off to get this part done - there is quite a bit more to know (and to do) than just this.

Please read on before you head off to do anything...

When I first started on this (so long ago) I was totally ignorant of the scope of what a person needs to understand both about how the PayPalButton element itself works and (far more importantly for this discussion) how PayPal is organized, particularly where it comes to setting up a test environment.

You really do need a testing environment to avoid sending actual money back and forth while you try to figure out why your form isn't doing what you think it should (not that this ever happens <grin>.)

I'll try to explain the PayPal organization at a high level... as we go I'll provide links that might help you with better understanding this organization and getting things set up, but my main focus here is to provide some understanding as to how PayPal is organized to allow testing of their service, and how you will interact with PayPal to do this testing.

PayPal has a developer web site that is mostly for folks who write applications for interacting with the service. Even if it's unlikely that you'll ever write such an app, you'll still need to log into the developer site using the credentials for your primary account so that you can create test accounts for a test "business" account, and a test "buyer" account to use instead of your primary account while you are testing your PayPal button.

To actually perform the testing PayPal provides a " sandbox " environment. It more or less mimics the regular PayPal "production" environment to allow testing that works pretty much the same way as the regular PayPal service does. Your test "business" and "buyer" accounts can log in to the sandbox site to view their balances and see their transaction details.

You'll need to log in to the sandbox site with your test "business" account and set it up with its own identity token, enable IPN and all the other things that it needs to take payments from your website.

Once all of that's done, the email address for your test "business" account and the test account's identity token will need to go into the proper places on the "advanced" tab on the PayPal Button element, and then the "test account" check box on the Advanced tab can be used to switch the element between "test" mode and "production" mode.

This might sound very complicated at first but as you work through this process it becomes easier to understand and appreciate. PayPal did a good job setting all of this up for us to be able to test things completely before we start sending real money flying around the Internet <grin>. Make good use of it!

Hope that this is helpful...

Charlie

Letzte Änderung: Post by Charlie Hein.

"Error: Verification did not return any values" 4 Jahre 3 Monate her #173853

• jlk802000
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Thank you kindly Charlie for that very detailed explanation. I will definitely follow it and try it out.

Much appreciated!!

Jana

"Error: Verification did not return any values" 4 Jahre 3 Monate her #173857

• Charlie Hein
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer

jlk802000 schrieb: Thank you kindly Charlie for that very detailed explanation. I will definitely follow it and try it out.

Much appreciated!!

Jana

My pleasure - if it can save you any of the time that it took me to learn all this it will be more than worth the effort!

Meanwhile - anyone else have any insight into how I can resolve this error and see my actual "thank you" page instead of this error??

Charlie

Moderatoren: ForumSupport
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.098 Sekunden

Angebot

Sommer Special! Alle Mitgliedschaften zum Sonderpreis!

Prio Support, alle Extensions und alle Templates in einem Paket.

Hier geht's zur Bestellung

Crosstec hilft sparen!

Falls Sie neu bei Crosstec sind aber bereits einen Formulargenerator bei einem anderen Hersteller gekauft haben, dann bekommen sie von uns einen Rabatt von 25% auf unsere 1-Jahres und Pro-Mitgliedschaften

Wie Sie an den Rabatt kommen?

Schreiben Sie uns einfach eine kurze Email mit beigelegten Kaufbeleg (z.B. PayPal Quittung) an sales@crosstec.org.

Wir unterstützen die Joomla Community

Crosstec unterstützt weltweit alle offiziellen Joomla! User Groups und Organisatoren von Joomla! Days die bei Joomla.org registriert sind.

Falls das auf dich zutrifft und du eines unserer Produkte brauchst, schreib uns eine kurze Email an info@crosstec.org und du bekommst eine Flatrate-Mitgliedschaft geschenkt!