Willkommen, Gast
Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA:

'Please turn on javascript to submit your data' with embedded form 3 Monate 3 Wochen her #242485

• Autor
  • TW05
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Dank erhalten: 0
I narrowed it down a little bit further.

This blog-item with the embedded form is meant to be some kind of static non-clickable informational item while the rest off the page is filled with normal blog entries where the intro image and title are shown.

I've made this leading blog-item with the embedded form clickable and when I go to the full article the form is shown correctly.

So if the embedded form is shown in the intro text only the formtext is shown, in the complete article it's all fine.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

'Please turn on javascript to submit your data' with embedded form 3 Monate 3 Wochen her #242504

• TheMuffinMans Avatar
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Dank erhalten: 801
is that a regular joomla article being used a a blog-item or is it a 3rd party extension specific blog item?

This all rings a bell: a few years earlier I think I encountered something like this in joomla's article preview, where no plugin have been executed at all in previews (=intro text before "readmore").

If that's something similar, then I assume it is a bug on the article/blog side.
Can you please try to include some other unrelated plugin that is supposed to render any kind of HTML and see if it strips it, too?

Regards,
Markus

'Please turn on javascript to submit your data' with embedded form 3 Monate 3 Wochen her #242555

• Autor
  • TW05
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
> is that a regular joomla article being used a a blog-item

It's regular joomla article. No bells or whistles.

> This all rings a bell: a few years earlier I think I encountered something like this in joomla's article preview, where no plugin have been executed at all in previews
> If that's something similar, then I assume it is a bug on the article/blog side.
Can you please try to include some other unrelated plugin that is supposed to render any kind of HTML and see if it strips it, too?

I've installed the Tabs plugin from Regular Labs. That also doesn't get rendered in de 'preview'.

But.. I maintain an other website with a completely different template. Same Joomla version. Also with native Joomla blog articles. I've installed the same Tabs plugin and there it renders fine. I then installed BF and the package. It also renders fine into a selectable list.
So no bug in Joomla it seems, but something with my template or the astroid framework. But only in de article preview.

I'll try with another astroid based template. I saw JoomDev has a free one. So I can test with it and I'll let you know the results.

'Please turn on javascript to submit your data' with embedded form 3 Monate 2 Wochen her #242624

• Autor
  • TW05
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
Hi Markus,

I've found the cause. :-)

First I tried with another Astroid framework based template: no issues
Then I tried the barebones original template at which I based my template: issues
So it wasn't one of my additions that created this issue :-)

I narrowed it then down to the blog_item.php override. It looks like a changed version of the standard joomla php-file. But an older one dated 2016.
With a bit of common sense I managed to narrow it down to the line where the intro-text is displayed. There they used a 'strip_tags'-function to strip '<p><a>' from $this-item->introtext.
I removed the strip_tags function and after that the jumplist-form rendered as it should. Great :-))))
I have no (Joomla) php knowledge, so I don't know what they wanted to achieve with that stripping but I haven't seen any drawbacks yet.

Thanks for your support.

Johnny

'Please turn on javascript to submit your data' with embedded form 3 Monate 2 Wochen her #242626

• TheMuffinMans Avatar
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Dank erhalten: 801
alright, yes, strip _tags removes all html tags and explains everything.
would also have caused me to look for quite some time, these kind of things can be nasty to spot.

hope everything is alright now and you're happy!

please leave us a small review here to keep us motivated:
(Please turn off your VPN and local Apache prior reviewing as your review might get blocked)
extensions.joomla.org/extension/contacts...orms/breezing-forms/

and if you need any further help, please let me know!

Regards,
Markus

• Seite:
Moderatoren: ForumSupport
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.056 Sekunden

Angebot

Sommer Special! Alle Mitgliedschaften zum Sonderpreis!

Prio Support, alle Extensions und alle Templates in einem Paket.

Hier geht's zur Bestellung

Crosstec hilft sparen!

Falls Sie neu bei Crosstec sind aber bereits einen Formulargenerator bei einem anderen Hersteller gekauft haben, dann bekommen sie von uns einen Rabatt von 25% auf unsere 1-Jahres und Pro-Mitgliedschaften

Wie Sie an den Rabatt kommen?

Schreiben Sie uns einfach eine kurze Email mit beigelegten Kaufbeleg (z.B. PayPal Quittung) an sales@crosstec.org.

Wir unterstützen die Joomla Community

Crosstec unterstützt weltweit alle offiziellen Joomla! User Groups und Organisatoren von Joomla! Days die bei Joomla.org registriert sind.

Falls das auf dich zutrifft und du eines unserer Produkte brauchst, schreib uns eine kurze Email an info@crosstec.org und du bekommst eine Flatrate-Mitgliedschaft geschenkt!