Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA:

Slow in backend 3 Monate 3 Wochen her #242260

• Autor
  • posurreal
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
  • Dank erhalten: 0
Hi, I am on Joomla 3.9.19 and Siteground hosting. I'm using the Isis template for the backend.

Problem:
My attempt to duplicate a simple quickform, change the email notifications, and adjust a few settings took me 3+ hours yesterday. When I click something and save, it takes about 4 minutes to process that 1 request. Even then, it does not always really save.

I realize that managed services are not a good as cloud hosting; but all other extensions and backend admin functions are not that slow.

Any ideas? I appreciate your input.
Thx,
Mary

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Slow in backend 3 Monate 3 Wochen her #242270

• TheMuffinMans Avatar
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Dank erhalten: 800
Hi,

this is indeed something we see happening on rare occasions but could never find out what exactly there is causing this (every hosting is special and we no insight into their configurations, especially rate limits are hard to catch).

I mean, we can still give it a try and fiddle around right on your hosting, but what BF is doing are basically ordinary posts.

I could imagine that because we save the data in chunks to allow secure form saving in limited database environments, the hosting uses harsh rate-limits (in terms of slowing down) when a series of posts is incoming (which is required for chunked saving).

It can also be the database itself or a mod_security rule needing to observe everything before giving "green light" on posts.

Question: Do you also observe slow form submissions with the forms you created or are they submitting normally?

Regards,
Markus

Letzte Änderung: Post by TheMuffinMan.

Slow in backend 3 Monate 3 Wochen her #242280

• Autor
  • posurreal
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
  • Dank erhalten: 0
Hey Markus,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, with such interesting detail.

I hadn't taken the form live yet, due to this issue (and a different one from another thread). No submissions to test quite yet.

I don't think I have more time to get a fully functional quickform off the ground to pursue it; but I have advised my client to contact Siteground and see if they can move him to a faster server.

My plan is to revive the use of BForms after the hosting environment improves. In the meantime, I used a more light-weight solution as a bandaid.

I appreciate the products that crosstec provides to the Joomla community!
Mary

• Seite:
Moderatoren: ForumSupport
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.049 Sekunden

Angebot

Sommer Special! Alle Mitgliedschaften zum Sonderpreis!

Prio Support, alle Extensions und alle Templates in einem Paket.

Hier geht's zur Bestellung

Crosstec hilft sparen!

Falls Sie neu bei Crosstec sind aber bereits einen Formulargenerator bei einem anderen Hersteller gekauft haben, dann bekommen sie von uns einen Rabatt von 25% auf unsere 1-Jahres und Pro-Mitgliedschaften

Wie Sie an den Rabatt kommen?

Schreiben Sie uns einfach eine kurze Email mit beigelegten Kaufbeleg (z.B. PayPal Quittung) an sales@crosstec.org.

Wir unterstützen die Joomla Community

Crosstec unterstützt weltweit alle offiziellen Joomla! User Groups und Organisatoren von Joomla! Days die bei Joomla.org registriert sind.

Falls das auf dich zutrifft und du eines unserer Produkte brauchst, schreib uns eine kurze Email an info@crosstec.org und du bekommst eine Flatrate-Mitgliedschaft geschenkt!