Captcha error 404 4 Monate 6 Tage her #241271

• TheMuffinMans Avatar
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Abwesend
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Dank erhalten: 800
That looks ok.

There are ways hosters use to provide "sandboxed" php.ini settings (often utilizing the .htaccess file or a straight php.ini in the document root) that doesn't require webserver restarts.

I am a little out of options now. I am sure it is something simple.

What is left we can try is checking if the joomla installation has any issues:

Please go Extensions=>Extension Manager->Database tab and see if the db tables are up 2 date. If not click "fix" in the upper left.

Also please check for warnings in the extensions manager and post them here if you see any.

Regards,
Markus

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Captcha error 404 4 Monate 5 Tage her #241309

• Autor
  • WightJohn
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Dank erhalten: 0
I have already done the fix option, it did need doing, but that was a week ago, and it made no difference.
Today, I managed to download the contents of public_html. I also downloaded the MySQL db for the second time.
I created a new virtual website, giving it a different name, and altered the database name in the .sql file so as to not overwrite my working version.
I kept the php.ini and the .htaccess files from the live system.
It worked without any problems at all! The captcha displayed as it should.

I am convinced there must be something on the ISP's system that is blocking it, or, perhaps, Apache or PHP need to have the services restarted to apply the changes made.

I have installed the key encryption for SSH, and using Putty, tried to connect. It seemed to accept the keys okay, but the politely told me that I do not have access and should contact support. I will contact them after the Bank Holiday.

Captcha error 404 4 Monate 2 Tage her #241623

• Autor
  • WightJohn
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
I spoke to our ISP:
No SSH access allowed.
There is an issue with the DNS, as it returns an error "Primary Name Server Not Listed at parent". He was going to raise a ticket with cPanel.

Captcha error 404 3 Monate 3 Wochen her #242190

• Autor
  • WightJohn
  • Fresh Breezer
  • Fresh Breezer
I thought you might like to know that I have fixed the problem of the captcha image not showing.
Another problem arose concerning Joomla updates failing. On investigation it appeared to be permissions related. The permissions appeared correct, nevertheless it said files did not exist, when they were.
I downloaded and installed Akeeba Backup Admin Tools. In the tools there is an option to fix permissions. After running that both issues went away.
Interestingly, I did not see any changes to the actual file permissions on the site.
Here is the link to the Admin Tools:
www.akeebabackup.com/products/admin-tools.html

Many thanks for your help.

Letzte Änderung: Post by WightJohn.

Captcha error 404 3 Monate 3 Wochen her #242191

• TheMuffinMans Avatar
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Abwesend
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Dank erhalten: 800
yeah this is very strange, because that 403 was basically a clear sign but then the permissions were fine all the way from parent folders to the captcha itself.

however, I am happy that it is working for you now.

Moderatoren: ForumSupport
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.057 Sekunden

Angebot

Sommer Special! Alle Mitgliedschaften zum Sonderpreis!

Prio Support, alle Extensions und alle Templates in einem Paket.

Hier geht's zur Bestellung

Crosstec hilft sparen!

Falls Sie neu bei Crosstec sind aber bereits einen Formulargenerator bei einem anderen Hersteller gekauft haben, dann bekommen sie von uns einen Rabatt von 25% auf unsere 1-Jahres und Pro-Mitgliedschaften

Wie Sie an den Rabatt kommen?

Schreiben Sie uns einfach eine kurze Email mit beigelegten Kaufbeleg (z.B. PayPal Quittung) an sales@crosstec.org.

Wir unterstützen die Joomla Community

Crosstec unterstützt weltweit alle offiziellen Joomla! User Groups und Organisatoren von Joomla! Days die bei Joomla.org registriert sind.

Falls das auf dich zutrifft und du eines unserer Produkte brauchst, schreib uns eine kurze Email an info@crosstec.org und du bekommst eine Flatrate-Mitgliedschaft geschenkt!