• cheddarnines
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
  • Dank erhalten: 0
Per the instructions found here:
crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...8-paypal-button.html
and here:
crosstec.org/en/support/online-documenta...l-donation-form.html

and many other variants of instruction in the forums as well as the basic documentation, I can not get the BF paypal button element to work.

What is the point of having the "Business" "Token" "Amount" and etc. . . fields in the properties tab of the BF paypal element, if that element is not an automatic solution to submitting a form posting a charge to paypal?

The paypal element should have automatic form validation and submission in the same way that the "Include submit button" set to "yes" in the main properties of the form would accomplish.

to use the paypal button, I shouldn't really have to paste anything into the Actionscript framework it seams that BF should generate that for the user.

Regardless the paypal documentation may need some updating and I currently need help in setting this up.

When I fill out the Element Properties and Element Options as suggested in either of the links above and add a library or custom submit Actionscript on click like this:
// paypal button script

function ff_payWithPayPal_action(element, action)
{
    switch (action) {
        case 'click':

ff_validate_submit();

break;
        default:;
    } // switch
} // ff_payWithPayPal_action

The form does not submit and paypal is not called for payment.

Thanks for helping me.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

PayPal button not working 4 Monate 1 Woche her #240572

• TheMuffinMans Avatar
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Abwesend
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Dank erhalten: 795
Hi,

you only need those scripts under certain circumstances.

The regular workflow for a simple PayPal button is straight-forward:

- Add a PayPal button to your form and set it up according to your first link

- You don't need to add a custom script to its action but just pick the "ff_validate_submit" action from the Library option as described in the documentation. This will make the button to actually submit the form.

- Remove the default submit button in form => Properties => set "Include Submit Button" to "No" (this will hide the form default submit button and paypal's will be the only submitting button in the form).

I attached you a simple example form that you can download, unzip and import in Configuration => Package Installer.

If you open it after importing, you can see that it forwards to PayPal.

To complete a minimum setup, you would need to add the "Business" field (=merchant email address), "Amount" (=Price) and "Item Name".

Theoratically, you could go from here and add more features to PayPal payments like price pickers, calculations and more. That's the reason why the PayPal button doesn't include an auto-submit from the get-go (to give room for customization).

Dateianhang:

Dateiname: PayPalButton.zip
Dateigröße:5 KB

Regards,
Markus
Anhänge:

Letzte Änderung: Post by TheMuffinMan.

PayPal button not working 3 Monate 2 Wochen her #242127

• Autor
  • cheddarnines
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Thanks this is working.
I turns out that it wasn't working due to the form being published via the BF module. After I used a menu item to publish the form via the component, it worked.

Maybe something to look into because this should work in the module or the BF plugin as well (I actually didn't try the plugin).

The BF module was the problem here though.

Thanks for the quick reply and all the great work.
Breezing forms is the best.

PayPal button not working 3 Monate 2 Wochen her #242147

• TheMuffinMans Avatar
  • TheMuffinMan
  • Abwesend
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Dank erhalten: 795
Hi,

thank you for reporting it.

Question: were 2 forms displayed on the same page when this happened or was it just one form as a module?

Regards,
Markus

PayPal button not working 3 Monate 2 Wochen her #242152

• Autor
  • cheddarnines
  • Junior Breezer
  • Junior Breezer
Just the one form. And that's with nothing really special on the site. Just Joomla on a RoketTheme template. - Didn't try switching the template (RT usually has no issues with messing things up) because using the component fixed it. So good enough.

• Seite:
Moderatoren: ForumSupport
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.055 Sekunden

Angebot

Sommer Special! Alle Mitgliedschaften zum Sonderpreis!

Prio Support, alle Extensions und alle Templates in einem Paket.

Hier geht's zur Bestellung

Crosstec hilft sparen!

Falls Sie neu bei Crosstec sind aber bereits einen Formulargenerator bei einem anderen Hersteller gekauft haben, dann bekommen sie von uns einen Rabatt von 25% auf unsere 1-Jahres und Pro-Mitgliedschaften

Wie Sie an den Rabatt kommen?

Schreiben Sie uns einfach eine kurze Email mit beigelegten Kaufbeleg (z.B. PayPal Quittung) an sales@crosstec.org.

Wir unterstützen die Joomla Community

Crosstec unterstützt weltweit alle offiziellen Joomla! User Groups und Organisatoren von Joomla! Days die bei Joomla.org registriert sind.

Falls das auf dich zutrifft und du eines unserer Produkte brauchst, schreib uns eine kurze Email an info@crosstec.org und du bekommst eine Flatrate-Mitgliedschaft geschenkt!